H4F SHEPHERD’S PIE – SERVES UP TO 8 PEOPLE
3 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
1 kilogram sweet potatoes, peeled
2 onions, thinly sliced
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
225 quorn mince,
grated Parmesan cheese
225 grams lean pork/meat, cubed
tablespoons grated low fat cheese
1 teaspoon tomato puree
and pepper for taste
fresh thyme sprigs to serve
300 millilitres chicken stock
1. Firstly heat the oil and sauté the onions until they become a golden colour.
Add the garlic and the Quorn to the onions for an additional 5 minutes.
Add the tomato puree and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
2. Add the broth and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens.
3. Place the potatoes in a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Cook for 20+ minutes until tender.
Drain and peel. Slice a few potatoes and set aside. Mash the rest of the potatoes with a potato masher (optional mix in milk and the butter).
4. Pour the meat stew into a ceramic or glass ovenproof dish. Cover with a layer of mashed potatoes
Arrange a layer of potato slices around the edge, overlapping them slightly.
5. Grate the Parmesan/cheeses over the top. Place the pie under a preheated grill and grill until the top is golden. Garnish with fresh thyme to serve.