|DO YOUR RESEARCH AND DON'T LET PEOPLE DECEIVE YOU!|
Look at your current eating habits and the changes you said you were going to make.
Did you follow through and make the changes you said you would?
If your answer is ‘yes’ then congratulations, keep up the good work J
If no, ask yourself why not?
Were the goals you set un-realistic?
So to control our eating habits we firstly need to come to realize our faults before we can begin the change & transformation process.
Also to note we should understand what food does to our bodies and the effects they have on us as an unique individual.
What do our bodies really need?
Everyone’s body needs a balanced diet that has nutrients to help us remain fit and healthy.
Another note to self, if you do take up any form of diet you must be fully aware of it, as some diets can leave out the essentials we need to function correctly.
Next I have listed what we need and should get from food
- Energy/Kcals/cals – this is required to fuel our body/mind.
- So the equation goes, if you want to lose weight you may need to reduce the number of calories you are taking in or increase the activity you do.
- Fluid – this is vital to prevent dehydration and to keep the body functioning correctly.
|FIGHT TO MAKE YOUR OWN PATH!!!|
- Carbohydrates – source of energy we need.
- Fats – although people may consider this to be a bad thing, it actually keeps cells healthy and transports vitamins from food into the body.
- Fibre – this is used to keep our bowels in order/healthy and regular.
- Protein – this is necessary to repair the body and strengthen things such as muscles, skin and hair etc. Also, essential for growth.
|MAKE THE CHANGES YOU NEED TO GET TO WHERE YOU NEED TO GO!|
So, how can we improve our eating habits?
We can start by eating:
- More fibre
- Less sugar
- Less salt
- Less bad fat
This can be done in a number of ways:
- Cut down on sugary drinks
- Eat less savoury foods e.g. pork pies, crisps etc.
- Eat less processed fatty foods.
- Cut down on the junk food and replace that with vegetables and fruit
Right, let’s get down to business
Duration of weight loss:
Your body will lose 1-2lbs per week, as anymore than this and you may likely be losing muscle as well as fat. What we want to do is retain muscle, whilst losing the fat mass. The reason for this, is because the muscle mass will help you to burn more calories.
Note to self: When you first begin to lose weight, you will probably lose more than the recommended 1-2lbs, as this will be fluid. However, the larger the body mass, the greater the weight loss when a structured routine is implemented.
I would now like you to think of some changes you can implement?
If you are on FACEBOOK please stop by the H4F fan page and give us a like: