The skin is the bodies largest organ and on a regular basis takes a pounding. It gets bruised, scratched, beaten and burned. But most of really overlook taking extra time to take care of our skin.
Accounting for approximately 16% of total bodyweight the skin is stretchy, tough and waterproof it really is an organ with multiple roles.
It gives you so much so its time to give a little back.
Maybe its time for a little TLC - here are some tips for simple skin care.
- Find a mild soap and wash your skin using just soap and warm water - avoid rubbing too hard and using face cloths, sponges, loofahs, brushes and so on.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet so that the body has what it requires to renew the skin cells.
- Incorporate de-stressing exercises into your routine try meditation.
- Start an exercise programme incorporating cardio and resistance training.
- Be careful when on holiday make sure you wear a suitable sun screening lotion.
- Do a weekly face check making sure to keep an eye out for moles or something out of the ordinary. If there is something you are unsure about visit your GP.
- If you have a skin condition make sure to get a professional opinion from a doctor for the best course to take.
- Cut down on alchohol
- Drink plenty of water to replenish the system.
Giving your body the tools it needs to grow and repair will help you in your quest for health skin.