So I thought I would throw this into the mix to show how you can find natural foods to optimize your training.
BEETROOT - OR SOMETIMES CALLED 'BEETS'
- Great source of anthocyanadins - natural antioxidants.
- Suitable for vegans & vegetarians
- Rich in a multitude of vitamins and minerals
- Rich in Alkaline properties
- Juice thins the blood which helps the blood flow easily.
- Contains good amounts of vitamin B
The above list is but a few of the benefits.
New research suggests that if Beetroot is consumed a couple of hours prior to exercise it can boost endurance & stamina by up to 16%.
16% may not seem like much but it could be the edge your looking for and any natural advantage is a big thumbs up in my eyes.
I have incorporated it in my diet too - why not give it a try.